YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some "Butt" Yoga Poses ;)
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Babygirl1982
Posted 2008-01-16 2:44 AM (#102062)
Subject: Some "Butt" Yoga Poses ;)

Hi there girls! My boyfriend is coming back to visit from university and he knows i've been taking yoga classes and we're both sexually active with each other of course. and hes a "butt" man(not sure if ur allow to say that sorry lolz)

So I was wondering is there/are there any poses that really stick and show off what a nice bum you have? I'm stumped :S I'm hoping he'll let me continue taking yoga if he finds out how beneficial and HOT I look

thank you girls!! will reply with results!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
diyyogini
Posted 2008-01-16 11:00 AM (#102072 - in reply to #102062)
Subject: RE: Some "Butt" Yoga Poses ;)

Please read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Sutras-Patanjali-Commentary-Satchidananda/dp/0932040381
ShaktiGrrl
Posted 2008-01-16 12:16 PM (#102078 - in reply to #102062)

You can't be serious.

Posted 2008-01-16 12:32 PM (#102079 - in reply to #102062)

thats kind of a tough one...
what is the current state of your buttocks?
do you want them to be firmer or looser?
it they are already pretty firm, i don't think making them more firm is going to be beneficial.
how many yoga classes have you been taking? and what kind...
it is possible you have already achieved such benefits.

another thing i have noticed is that many girls have a tendency to stick out their butts, and thrust their breasts forward. while this is a good way to attract men (do you really want to attract those kind of men), it is terrible for your posture. could this be some kind of subtle societal programming? some effect of the patriarchy to keep women from having integrated spines, and thus subservient to men? not that i see a lot of men with integrated spines either...

is it really up to him whether you are allowed to continue taking yoga?
maybe you should work on being your own person, rather than deferring to someone who doesn't even live around you.
(i've had a long distance relationship, so i'm aware of some of the pitfalls)
additionally, what does beneficial look like?

thanks!
ShaktiGrrl
Posted 2008-01-16 12:44 PM (#102081 - in reply to #102062)

another thing i have noticed is that many girls have a tendency to stick out their butts, and thrust their breasts forward. while this is a good way to attract men (do you really want to attract those kind of men), it is terrible for your posture. could this be some kind of subtle societal programming?

Um, no. It doesn't have anything to do with that, duh. I had an Inyengar teacher call me on it. It's bc those parts are the heaviest parts of our body and we carry them differently than the rest of our bodies. I have to a conscious effort to constantly think about my posture and not do that. I also have a very, teenytiny touch of scoliosis which exacerbates this. For instnace, I have a hard time in chatarunga despite being very strong bc I drop my butt first; it's my bodies insinct bc it is the heaviest part of me.

Posted 2008-01-16 1:40 PM (#102082 - in reply to #102062)

Babygirl1982 - 2008-01-15 11:44 PM

and hes a "butt" man

===>Does he love you or just your butt?

I'm hoping he'll let me continue taking yoga if he finds out how beneficial and HOT I look

===> Why is it his choice whether you take yoga? Must everything you do contribute to his sexual pleasure or does he "allow" you to do things for yourself? What activities does he do to enhance your pleasure? A good sex life is a wonderful part of a relationship, but it is only a part. The most important part of a relationship is that you are BOTH enhancing the life of your partner. Good relationships are like good yoga: a balance between control and surrender, giving and accepting, strength and flexibility.
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-01-16 2:46 PM (#102087 - in reply to #102062)

Just by doing yoga your whole body and mind benefits. I just am still in disbelief when you say you hope he lets you continue taking it. Please re-read that statement.

Posted 2008-01-16 2:47 PM (#102088 - in reply to #102062)

That's a very cute post. We're not all females, by the by or if you prefer btw.

I frankly don't see how your Bf's knowledge of your taking yoga classes is at all relevant to your posterior or procreation. If you've been taking them and your purpose is only to have a firm rear, and you do not have a firm rear now, then you've made a questionable choice. Try Buns of Steel instead.

If, on the other hand, you enjoy yoga and do it for that reason then your BF neither has the permissions nor denials for your practice. It is simply something you do for you and the concept of him "allowing it to continue" will likely smell to us as a potentially out of balance relationship. That, however is for you to contemplate.

Btw, there is no anatomical benefit in a tiny buttocks. It is purely a conjured societal projection.

Babygirl1982 - 2008-01-15 11:44 PM

Hi there girls! My boyfriend is coming back to visit from university and he knows i've been taking yoga classes and we're both sexually active with each other of course. and hes a "butt" man(not sure if ur allow to say that sorry lolz)

So I was wondering is there/are there any poses that really stick and show off what a nice bum you have? I'm stumped :S I'm hoping he'll let me continue taking yoga if he finds out how beneficial and HOT I look

thank you girls!! will reply with results!

Edited by purnayoga 2008-01-16 3:13 PM
willowsbend
Posted 2008-01-16 3:08 PM (#102089 - in reply to #102062)

With all due respect to your youthful enthusiasm lol...

I think you are missing the point of what yoga is really about.  It's a lifestyle and a practice as well as an exercise. It's about your spiritual health as well as your physical health, your state of mind, your relationship with your body and how you treat it. While I'll not deny that there are a lot of benefits yoga can add to your sex life in a physical sense, the most important, and dare I say sexiest thing about it is how you feel about yourself. True sexiness lies in the mind, not the body.  

If you need your boyfriend's approval on how your butt looks because you do yoga, and whether or not he'll "let you" continue to do it, you really need to re-evaluate your reasons for taking it up in the first place.  

Just my opinion however... 

hnia
Posted 2008-01-16 3:21 PM (#102091 - in reply to #102088)

I don't know about you guys but yoga has made my butt bigger and more round. Which is good.
I'm male and I had no butt for years. Yoga has changed my body in many many ways.
I've also read some posts on this site before about how to get a "yoga butt."

I don't the idea is to get a smaller butt. I prefer a very rounded one with a classical arch and perfect proprotions!
Golden section the whole thing from top to bottom....

Babygirl1982
Posted 2008-01-16 4:54 PM (#102092 - in reply to #102062)

ERRR Sorry but it's just he doesn't come back often and I'd like to show him what I've learned in Yoga, since we always talk on the phone and hes excited to see. Also he pays for most of my stuff hehe

But yeah...I know whats right for myself n stuff, don't worry it'll just be one time thing

Let's get back onto topic! Any poses/stretches or gesture that will make your rear look bigger and nicer Not saying it's not nice already but looking for poses/stretches or gestures to enhance it even more hehehe

But please, stay on topic, thank you gals AND guys
willowsbend
Posted 2008-01-16 5:32 PM (#102093 - in reply to #102062)

Ok then...I had no idea we were "off" topic forgive me my degression into actual yoga. ;) *gasp*

Just about everything in yoga tones up the lower body.  Try bridge pose, hold for 5 deep breaths, release and repeat- you can really feel that in your butt.  You can down dog, into three legged dog- bend your raised leg at a 90 degree angle and flex the foot while opening your heart to the right or left (depending on what foot you have up in the air) hold this pose for 5 deep breaths, then straighten out your leg, inhale while pulling your knee into your chest, exhale and extend your leg back out. Repeat this as many times as you feel comfortable.  When you have completed the last series pull your knee into your chest, hold in plank then walk the foot under and rest in pigeon to open up the hip, then roll your toes under on the back leg, hinge at your hips, extend your leg back into down dog and repeat these poses with the other leg. This is a vinyasa series that I've had a lot of success with.   

Edited by willowsbend 2008-01-16 5:34 PM
Babygirl1982
Posted 2008-01-16 5:36 PM (#102094 - in reply to #102062)

^ Not that familiar with those, got any sample pics? or could you describe how to get the best results for those poses? thanks a bunch!
willowsbend
Posted 2008-01-16 5:58 PM (#102095 - in reply to #102062)

Most of these poses are shown in yoga journal, the modifications I described are added to the pose to enhance it. 

go here:

http://http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/finder/browse_categories

there is a search engine where you can look up these poses.

willowsbend
Posted 2008-01-16 6:04 PM (#102096 - in reply to #102062)

I don't know if that links works, I'm having internet problems today.

Anyway, if none of those poses are familiar to you- I just gotta ask, what kind of yoga ARE you doing?  Those are pretty much common poses in most yoga practices so I'm a little confused here. 

You're pulling my leg right? ;)

Posted 2008-01-16 6:16 PM (#102097 - in reply to #102081)

Shakti-i see this in women who don't have curves as well.
you think there is absolutely zero correlation?
i mean, the idea that our mental attitudes could have an effect on our physical appearance and carriage?
i'm not likening it to foot binding or anything (even though that still kinda goes on...high heels?), but i think that prevailing societal ideals of beauty and gender have a strong impact on both men and women's bodies.

ShaktiGrrl - 2008-01-16 11:44 AM

another thing i have noticed is that many girls have a tendency to stick out their butts, and thrust their breasts forward. while this is a good way to attract men (do you really want to attract those kind of men), it is terrible for your posture. could this be some kind of subtle societal programming?

Um, no. It doesn't have anything to do with that, duh. I had an Inyengar teacher call me on it. It's bc those parts are the heaviest parts of our body and we carry them differently than the rest of our bodies. I have to a conscious effort to constantly think about my posture and not do that. I also have a very, teenytiny touch of scoliosis which exacerbates this. For instnace, I have a hard time in chatarunga despite being very strong bc I drop my butt first; it's my bodies insinct bc it is the heaviest part of me.
Babygirl1982
Posted 2008-01-16 6:24 PM (#102098 - in reply to #102096)

hmm

Edited by Babygirl1982 2008-01-16 6:38 PM
willowsbend
Posted 2008-01-16 7:23 PM (#102099 - in reply to #102062)

Babygirl:

Well good luck to you then. Afraid I can't help you.

Namaste.

Jambo
Posted 2008-01-17 7:30 AM (#102117 - in reply to #102062)

BG1982: Please post a photo of your butt. I'd like to get a better feel, um, I mean idea of the butt poses that might be most beneficial to you.
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-01-17 1:33 PM (#102140 - in reply to #102062)

LOL! We have totally gone off topic, haven't we.
tourist
Posted 2008-01-17 7:40 PM (#102143 - in reply to #102140)

Expert Yogi

I'm not sure this was ever a topic. I think someone is making some money collecting on a bet...
willowsbend
Posted 2008-01-17 8:03 PM (#102145 - in reply to #102062)

The nickname Babygirl kinda gives it away...

Must have had at least 100 Babygirls try to troll my MSN group. 

Butterfly71
Posted 2008-01-18 9:47 AM (#102163 - in reply to #102062)

Probably right about the bet, because it really was a "no way" post.
Babygirl1982
Posted 2008-01-18 4:52 PM (#102171 - in reply to #102062)

A bet? :S this is actually a serious post believe it or not...I see no one tried or wanted to help me except for one person out of the whole population of this forum...
Butterfly71
Posted 2008-01-18 5:12 PM (#102173 - in reply to #102062)

If this is truly real, then please don’t feel ostracized because no one helped you gain a great butt. As I can only speak for myself, I was surprised by your post for several reasons. 1) You seem to see yoga a just a butt-enhancing exercise. I really think you should just find any exercise/program that works on your butt; it doesn’t need to be yoga 2) it seems like you are only doing it to please someone else, and 3) the biggest shock is that you actually need permission to do something.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)