YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ravi Singh Ana Brett
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

LOVEYOGA
Posted 2008-02-04 2:16 PM (#102891)
Subject: Ravi Singh Ana Brett

Does any one have experience with Ravi Singh Ana Brett Kundalini yoga, I read raving reviews for their DVDs on Amazon.com. Kundalini yoga is quite different than Hatha Yoga, does Kundalini yoga have same effects as Hatha yoga.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Krislouise2002
Posted 2008-02-08 6:09 AM (#103093 - in reply to #102891)
Subject: RE: Ravi Singh Ana Brett

Hello...I am a long time yoga practitioner and I also teach part time. My main style of yoga that I practice is called PranaKriya (my teacher studied under Swami Kripalu, and is calling the style this name instead of "Kripalu" yoga) My teacher said that the style I study has evolved from Kundalini. He changed the name of it in his yoga center where he teachers because our western culture sometimes associates it negative connotations.

I've come across the Ravi/ Ana DVD's last year, and can tell you I LOVE them. They teach Kundalini, although it is a little different than what I practice. There is a lot of kapalibhati (breath of fire) breathing incorporated into the postures. I suggest if you aren't familiar with this breath technique that you go to a workshop or class where they teach, otherwise you're missing the GOOD STUFF if you don't do it the right way. Ana and Ravi are coming to the southeast in March (Asheville, NC) I'm going to try to go- I can only imagine how great a real live workshop is after what I've seen just on the DVD. I think their web site is www.raviana.com if you want to see their tour schedule.

Namaste- Kristin
tab0429
Posted 2008-02-28 8:35 AM (#104091 - in reply to #102891)

Hello! I'm a beginner in Kundalini Yoga practice, but I pretty much own the collection of their DVDs and absolutely LOVE them! Even for a beginner it is easy to follow and learn!
mchelle81
Posted 2008-06-27 5:51 AM (#108734 - in reply to #102891)

hello i have the lose weight feel great dvd of theres come accross by accident as i wanted to try yoga again read brilliant reviews on it so looked on ebay there it was 99p !!! thought why not and i have to say its the best dvd i have ever got i get up early everyday to do it i feel brilliant rest of the day i must admit the breath of fire was hard first couple of times i tried but i got it now can do it and i love it so glad i got it has anyone actually lost weight doing these dvds
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-06-27 10:06 AM (#108739 - in reply to #102891)

If they are different, obviously the effects should be different. Kundalini Yoga is a branch of Hathayoga.

LOVEYOGA - 2008-02-04 2:16 PM

Does any one have experience with Ravi Singh Ana Brett Kundalini yoga, I read raving reviews for their DVDs on Amazon.com. Kundalini yoga is quite different than Hatha Yoga, does Kundalini yoga have same effects as Hatha yoga.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)