YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

nuts
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

tubeseeker
Posted 2008-02-12 10:27 AM (#103293)
Subject: nuts

It seems that I have read in a few places where they talk about nuts, and my interpertation is that the recomendation is to eat nuts in a limited amount. does anyone know if there is a issue if someone eats too many nuts? I eat only raw nuts or sometims nuts that are roasted but rarely do I eat salted nuts, I prefer raw and unsalted.
thanks
Neil
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Orbilia
Posted 2008-02-13 5:13 AM (#103364 - in reply to #103293)
Subject: RE: nuts

The only issue might be the calories given that you're eating raw, unsalted ones anyway. As I understand it, enough almonds to cover the central area of your palm is an example of the correct daily amount.

Fee
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-02-13 7:49 AM (#103376 - in reply to #103293)

1. Limited means - what you can handle easily. Once you eat some, you shall know how much you can handle after 15 days of experience. Then, just reduce or increase accordingly.

2. If you eat more than Your Limited, just exercise more and take more rest. If not possible, then cut down nuts too. If you eat more than limited, you shall start feeling lack of energy such as bloating, heaviness, drowsiness, etc.

3. Eating nuts with salad is extremely rewarding. Try it. You asked about Lettuce recently. Try lettuce and any NUTS.

tubeseeker - 2008-02-12 10:27 AM

It seems that I have read in a few places where they talk about nuts, and my interpertation is that the recomendation is to eat nuts in a limited amount. does anyone know if there is a issue if someone eats too many nuts? I eat only raw nuts or sometims nuts that are roasted but rarely do I eat salted nuts, I prefer raw and unsalted.
thanks
Neil

Edited by kulkarnn 2008-02-13 8:11 AM
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-02-13 8:46 AM (#103379 - in reply to #103293)

Thanks for bringing up nuts Tubeseeker, I've been meaning to ask. My personal experience eating nuts has been that almonds cause me to suffer from restless leg syndrome at night when it's time to sleep. I've heard of people soaking almonds overnight (I think in buttermilk), or blanching them. Does anyone think that eating almonds prepared another way would make them easier for my body to use? I have no problem with other types, and am only bothered by almonds.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-02-13 10:41 AM (#103387 - in reply to #103379)

NO Buttermilk. Just soak the almonds in water overnight. Then before eating remove its shell. If the shell does not come out, just pour the almonds in the boiling water ONLY for half a min and take them out immediately and remove the peel.

Another way: Take raw almonds, pour into boiling water for 1 min, and then dip into cold water. Peel.

Almonds have nothing to do with legs. The problem is with legs, not almonds.

bstqltmkr - 2008-02-13 8:46 AM

Thanks for bringing up nuts Tubeseeker, I've been meaning to ask. My personal experience eating nuts has been that almonds cause me to suffer from restless leg syndrome at night when it's time to sleep. I've heard of people soaking almonds overnight (I think in buttermilk), or blanching them. Does anyone think that eating almonds prepared another way would make them easier for my body to use? I have no problem with other types, and am only bothered by almonds.
tubeseeker
Posted 2008-02-13 11:32 AM (#103393 - in reply to #103293)

any idea how much value nuts loose when they are desheeled before you get them? I can go to my grocery store and get organic nuts but not with the shell
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-02-14 7:58 AM (#103453 - in reply to #103293)

Okay, this might be confusing, but here goes:

Hi Neil, I don't think the problem with shelled nuts is that you'll lose nutrients. I think the problem is that they can go rancid, because they are so full of fat. I think some people refridgerate them to avoid this. They don't last that long at my house.

Hi Neel, I wanted to ask you more about the restless leg syndrome thing. My mother gets it also. The last time I had it bad was when I tried to eat more almonds. I really couldn't sleep at night, I was even keeping my husband awake. The only change I made was to stop eating them, and then it went away. When I told myself it wasn't true and ate more almonds the problem returned. Now I'm avoiding them, but I enjoy the taste, and would like the nutrition. I'll try your method, a bit at a time, and see how it goes.

When I was growing up we had Hickory trees close by. We picked the nuts, they were delicious, but hard to eat. They sure kept us busy in the winter. Then the trees got some type of tree illness. I miss those trees. Shelly
callofsedona
Posted 2014-08-25 4:32 AM (#211649 - in reply to #103293)
Subject: Re: nuts

Veteran

Thus I always include nuts in my diet.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)