YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ENERGETIC DESPAIR-Please help
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

shantiyogini
Posted 2008-02-19 11:37 AM (#103708)
Subject: ENERGETIC DESPAIR-Please help

Hi All
I have recently quit my well paying job to teach yoga full-time. I love what I do, but I've had to teach so much to pay the bills, that I'm getting burned out. I've decided to let a couple of contracts go, knowing that the universe will somehow provide, but the feeling of being absolutely burned out and exhausted is still with me . . . and then I eat junk food, particularly sugar, to get that immediate energetic rush, only to feel the following down and the FAT that has accummulated as well. I feel tired, I nap every day for a couple of hours, I can hardly get going in the morning . . . I'm sure my diet could use a real revamp.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-02-19 12:00 PM (#103712 - in reply to #103708)
Subject: RE: ENERGETIC DESPAIR-Please h

i would recommend cutting back on teaching and going to get some alternative work for a bit.

perhaps working in your previous field part time, and cutting the yoga classes back until you figure out a way to earn more money per class, will be a good way to support yourself while still doing what you love.

one friend of mine works as a nurse two weekends a month and as a yoga teacher the rest of the time. the nursing is what "supports" her, while the yoga is sort of "bonus" money. another friend works part-time at a non-profit organization and teaches the rest of the time.

it can be hard to make a living doing "only yoga" without someone else supporting you, particularly in the beginning. Once you get a series of private clients, or successful workshops, or what have you that makes more money than classes at a number of locations (ie, gyms, studios, etc), then you can transition away from that part-time work.

and also, a few days off completely wouldn't be a bad idea to start with.

Posted 2008-02-19 1:04 PM (#103716 - in reply to #103708)
Subject: RE: ENERGETIC DESPAIR-Please h

A body in balance tends to gravitate toward balance. A body out of balance gravitates toward out-of-balance.

The eating habits that would most support you in a time of stress would be raw fruits and vegetables, beverages that hydrate, those foods that are alkaline in the body, and foods that fall into the Yin category.

At the same time, avoiding caffeine, alcohol, refined sugar and tobacco.

Edited by purnayoga 2008-02-19 1:05 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)