YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

the search...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

90%space
Posted 2008-02-25 12:01 AM (#103960)
Subject: the search...

Hi, I'm new here, and 'cause there seems to be alot of interest in people such as emoto, buddhism, enlightenment and the whole shebang, I just thought I'd put it out there in case anyone hasn't yet read it - but how 'bout 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle. He basically says that enlightenment is the natural state we're all headed for, and that its not so hard to reach as we've been lead to believe. Its kind of like every beautiful spiritual text you've ever read stripped bare and back to its essence. The distillation of the spiritual side of religion reduced even further to remove all dogma and human opinions. Amazing. Of course he gives all due credit to buddhism, sufism, christianity, hinduism etc. as he appears to know them all well. He also claims that yoga will have an important role to play in the arising of an entirely new and different earth. He makes no predictions at all except that humanity is reaching the point of relatively sudden evolution. (plants producing the first flower, dinosaurs producing the first bird, type of sudden evolution) and its when we stop projecting our minds into the past (resentment, anger, regret) and stop projecting into the future (anxiety, fear, hope) and just be, like when you're in lotus and you're suddenly...I don't know, but not as you usually are...Like he says, everything that ever happens only ever happens now...I walk to the bus stop, thinking of all the things I can do today to make the day go MY way - get the bus in time, please the boss, ignore the annoying girl at work, don't stuff up and then I realise, I'm planning ahead so I can be happy later today...Why don't I just take a short cut and be happy right now, and BLAM...I'm bursting. Like the top of my head lifts off gently and suddenly and I stayed all that day in untouchable bliss - so wierd, after a 45 year long life to have that happen. Don't get it all the time - certainly not enlightened, but I know its there. And like eckhart says, its always there now - no other time. You can't hope to attain it because to 'attain' places it forever somewhere in the future. Hope anyone interested will give his book a go. 'The New Earth' is his second most well known book, and is equally beautiful, but in a different way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-02-25 6:23 AM (#103965 - in reply to #103960)
Subject: RE: the search...

Dear 90%: I am putting this statement only as a part of discussion:

It is one thing to talk about Health and then to become Heathy oneself. It is one thing to talk about being a great Mom, and then being a great Mom oneself (help help, Tourist, BSQLTMKR!!!)

Let me ask you a simple question: Is it not a very simple thing that 'Peace' between two persons, or a peace inside a family or Peace in the Neighbourhood, or in town or a City, or Nation or International Peace a very very simple concept. Do you think there needs to be a Nobel Prize for the Peace?

It is the same with Enlightenment. It is easy to say that it is all along there. But, it is another thing to xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

90%space - 2008-02-25 12:01 AM
I just thought I'd put it out there in case anyone hasn't yet read it - but how 'bout 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle. He basically says that enlightenment is the natural state we're all headed for, and that its not so hard to reach as we've been lead to believe. Its kind of like every beautiful spiritual text you've ever read stripped bare and back to its essence.
tourist
Posted 2008-02-25 9:28 AM (#103968 - in reply to #103965)

Expert Yogi

Yes, it is always simple to say, not so easy to put into practice Though I believe Tolle is an important writer for today. He is apparently doing some sort of online show with Oprah sometime soon.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-02-25 9:49 AM (#103971 - in reply to #103960)

Hi people, I think Neel communicates perfectly well, and doesn't need help from me. However, since he called me, I can't be rude. I think you should keep in mind integrating any philosophy no matter how simply stated is going to take work. I'll say that not to discourage you, but to encourage you. If that annoying girl does happen to get to you in the future, don't give up on your new discoveries. Remember that your brain has these old pathways it likes to follow, and put yourself back on your new path. It takes good intentions, effort, and practice, but it's good to start with a philosophy that speaks to you. Shelly
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)