YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best yoga work-study programs?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

wonderlust
Posted 2008-03-13 3:46 PM (#104876)
Subject: Best yoga work-study programs?

Hi all,

I am new to the boards and relatively new to yoga (started practicing 1 year ago). I'm looking to do a yoga work-study program sometime this year and was wondering if any of you could recommend one. I've come across various programs online such as Yogaville, Mount Madonna Center, and the Sivanada Ashram Yoga Farm.

Has anyone done a work-study program at any of these (or any other) places?

Any information would be appreciated, thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-03-13 4:49 PM (#104878 - in reply to #104876)
Subject: RE: Best yoga work-study programs?

Yogaville will be a great place. But, actually, what you need to think is:

- What is that you want to learn as Study Part of that Work-Study program. They must offer what you wish to study.

- If they offer that and if you can Work as they want.

Then, you are in Business.

wonderlust - 2008-03-13 3:46 PM

Hi all,

I am new to the boards and relatively new to yoga (started practicing 1 year ago). I'm looking to do a yoga work-study program sometime this year and was wondering if any of you could recommend one. I've come across various programs online such as Yogaville, Mount Madonna Center, and the Sivanada Ashram Yoga Farm.

Has anyone done a work-study program at any of these (or any other) places?

Any information would be appreciated, thanks!
Sati Suloshana
Posted 2008-03-13 5:45 PM (#104880 - in reply to #104876)

I never did any work-studies at any of the ashrams myself, but, I have been to Kripalu (Massachusetts) & I have a lot of respect for them. They have great programs & they are somewhat eclectic. Omega Institute in NY sounds very good too. Of course it's not just yoga there.

What style of yoga are you practicing? Do you have any DVDs you like?

Recently a friend of mine said she's interested in the White Lotus Foundation. They offer a great-sounding teachers' training. I don't know if they have a work-study program, but you could ask them. http://www.whitelotus.org/index.shtml

Sivananda I don't recommend. But you still might like it.

wonderlust
Posted 2008-03-30 11:53 PM (#105657 - in reply to #104876)
Subject: RE: Best yoga work-study progr

Thanks for the nice replies! I am practicing hatha, vinyasa, and/or kundalini yoga.
yoga_psychology
Posted 2008-10-26 1:02 PM (#111633 - in reply to #104876)

I completed the program at mount madonna some time back. Basically if you want to do their volunteer program you work a good percentage of the time, doing a lot of work that isn't always the most ideal including sorting recycling and digging ditches. They do give good accommodation, but considering the amount of work you do in exchange it is rightfully given. The fees for volunteering seem somewhat acceptable, however I do not know if it was worth spending 350$ to work for someone else. If you stay for a long time (over 6 months) eventually the cost of living is eliminated and you stay for free with some decent work opportunities.

On the positive side, the ashram is a really peaceful place in the middle of a national forest. You basically can wonder into the deep redwood forests for hours and get totally lost in the beauty of nature. The asana classes went every morning, and were taught by some decent instructors. Babaji doesn't teach much anymore and is letting the ashram staff take over.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)