YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Scuba Diving & Yoga Adventure
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

diyyogini
Posted 2008-04-05 10:18 AM (#105865)
Subject: Scuba Diving & Yoga Adventure

Join us for an unforgettable Scuba Diving and Yoga Adventure, March 7 - 14, 2009 on Dominica, the nature island of the Caribbean.

We are thrilled to hold this retreat at Jungle Bay, one of the world's top 10 luxury eco resorts (Forbes magazine, 2007). Dominica was the first country to be Green Globe benchmarked and the owners of Jungle Bay are leaders in ecologically and culturally sustainable tourism.

You will enjoy diving the pristine reefs and spectacular 1,000-foot walls of Scotts Head Marine Reserve. The reefs of Dominica teem with life--Dominica was rated the #1 location for both healthy reefs and a healthy marine environment (Sport Diver magazine, 2006). You will have the chance to do a variety of dives including wall dives, drift dives, and a night dive. We are including the Project AWARE ecology course for everyone.

If you're not an avid diver you can snorkel with us, or skip any day's dive trip and enjoy the many different hikes offered by Jungle Bay. Or you can just lounge around at the resort, enjoying the relaxing scenery, yoga studio, outdoor pool, and spa treatments. This is a great trip for a non-diving significant other.

We have some fun non-diving activities planned for everyone, such as challenging jungle hike to Boiling Lake (a flooded fumarole whose waters really do boil) or a scenic ocean kayak trip, along with a whale watching trip--humpback whales frequent Dominica and we will be there during the prime season. There will be numerous activities for everyone--whether or not you dive.

The yoga on this trip is unique also--you will learn yoga routines specifically designed to help strengthen the body for diving and restore the body after a day of diving. You will learn some applied anatomy and body mechanics of diving. We will also teach you breathing and meditation exercises to help you stay calm underwater for a more relaxed and enjoyable dive experience. We will also hold yoga philosophy discussions and the application for divers.

Last, but for some not least, you will enjoy the wonderfully healthy cuisine of Dominica, using local ingredients. Mangos, coconuts, bananas, papayas, pineapple, coffee, cocoa, sugar cane, and root vegetables grow along with 1,000 species of flowering plants. If you've never eaten a ripe mango plucked from the tree yourself, its juice dripping down your chin, you're missing one of the greater pleasures in life.

We sincerely hope you can join us on this adventure. This exclusive trip is limited, so sign up early. Please visit http://www.8thElementYoga.com/yoga_scuba/retrat/ for lots more information about this trip and to download the registration form. Some dates to keep in mind:

Trip date: March 7 - 14, 2009

Registration deadline: December 31, 2008

Early-bird rate deadline: August 31, 2008

To learn more about the trip and sign up visit http://www.8thElementYoga.com/yoga_scuba/retrat/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-04-06 4:34 PM (#105915 - in reply to #105865)
Subject: RE: Scuba Diving & Yoga Advent

that sounds cool.

i'll forward it to a friend of mine who is a diver and yoga teacher.

i'm going to be doing my sister's wedding stuff (well, after wedding stuff with family) then. so, i can't. but it looks/sounds great!
diyyogini
Posted 2008-04-07 11:40 AM (#105949 - in reply to #105915)
Subject: RE: Scuba Diving & Yoga Advent

Thanks a ton for your support. I appreciate it. We're very excited ourselves!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)