YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yoga insturctor pay rate
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

kclarkdc
Posted 2008-07-01 9:03 PM (#108827)
Subject: yoga insturctor pay rate

Thank you for your assistance. I am adding a yoga studio to my successful wellness center in the fall. located in Denver, CO. I am looking for certified, experienced and talented instructors. What is the average instructor pay scale per class? The studio will be starting for scratch so I would like to add bonus incentives for instructors that help the studio grow. I am having some difficulty getting a grasp of what is a fair and desirable pay rate. Any suggestions, inout and/or advice would be greatly aprreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-07-01 10:45 PM (#108831 - in reply to #108827)
Subject: RE: yoga insturctor pay rate

EMail me. I want to communicate privately. Privately because: I want to get private details about you and your goals and studio.

But, if you want NON private answer, I suggest that you look into all studios in your location. Find their details. It is not difficult. And, take average.

kclarkdc - 2008-07-01 9:03 PM

Thank you for your assistance. I am adding a yoga studio to my successful wellness center in the fall. located in Denver, CO. I am looking for certified, experienced and talented instructors. What is the average instructor pay scale per class? The studio will be starting for scratch so I would like to add bonus incentives for instructors that help the studio grow. I am having some difficulty getting a grasp of what is a fair and desirable pay rate. Any suggestions, inout and/or advice would be greatly aprreciated!

Edited by kulkarnn 2008-07-01 10:46 PM

Posted 2008-07-02 9:06 AM (#108840 - in reply to #108827)

in the philadelphia area, new studios tend to pay all teachers $35 per class until the class size reaches 10-12 students. after this, the pay goes up to $50.

for experienced teachers, the pay is generally $50 going up to $75.

another option is to split what comes in at a 30-70 or 40-60 split (studio keeps 30 or 40) since hte teachers are the ones typically 'building' the classes.

also, some studios choose to "rent" the space to teachers and then the teachers take whatever comes in.
phreerose
Posted 2008-07-02 9:44 AM (#108843 - in reply to #108827)

two of the common pay structure around where I am are the following

0-5 students =$25 + $5 for each additional student (this seems most popular with the smaller and newer studios.

or

0 students = $0
1-6 =$25
6-15 = $50
15+ = $75

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread