YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me to get yoga anatomy
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

yogasubbu
Posted 2008-07-02 1:24 PM (#108854)
Subject: Help me to get yoga anatomy

Hi Everybody,

I am Naturopathy doctor working as a Senior research fellow in Reputed hospital. I am doing a preparation which commits on finding stretches during hatha yoga practice. That means, we taking care about the parts of stretched locations in the body while performing hatha yoga. So, all i need is a illustrated anatomy of muscle which involving all asanas. In clear , a book, ebook, website, which demonstrate all the stretches and the muscles involved in performing Hatha yoga. It would be comfortable if the downloads are free of cost. So, Please the experts you suggest me the best and right choice of yours to refer for my project. i am very thankful to you if u do favor of this.

Looking forward ur suggestion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick
Posted 2008-07-03 9:26 AM (#108872 - in reply to #108854)
Subject: RE: Help me to get yoga anatomy

Hi,
I don't think there is a single entity which would fulfil all your requirements-there is this web site which has a couple of books which might go some way to answering some of your questions;

http://www.bandhayoga.com/

But it isn't free. I haven't read these books, but they seem informed from the glimpses I've had.

Nick
Duffy Pratt
Posted 2008-07-03 5:15 PM (#108887 - in reply to #108854)
Subject: RE: Help me to get yoga anatom

There are at least two books I've seen called Yoga Anatomy. They both have detailed illustrations. And I've seen them at Barnes & Noble and/or Borders, so they shouldn't be too hard to check out to see if they fit your needs. Or you could certainly find them on Amazon.

Duffy

Posted 2008-07-06 2:55 PM (#108925 - in reply to #108872)

Nick - 2008-07-03 6:26 AM

Hi,
I don't think there is a single entity which would fulfil all your requirements-there is this web site which has a couple of books which might go some way to answering some of your questions;

http://www.bandhayoga.com/

But it isn't free. I haven't read these books, but they seem informed from the glimpses I've had.

Nick

I own and have read/studied the book "The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga" that Nick is talking about. It is a useful book for yoga anatomy. Except for a short chapter on chakras, the information presented has a sound scientific basis and is clearly illustrated.
susbarb1
Posted 2008-07-06 5:48 PM (#108926 - in reply to #108854)

Three great books-

1. Anatomy of Hatha Yoga by H. David Coulter $40

2. Yoga Anatomy Leslie Kaminoff $20

3. Hatha Yoga Illustarted 14.95

I own all three and use them all, esp. Coulter.

Metta,

Susan

drjay1966
Posted 2008-07-07 6:02 PM (#108953 - in reply to #108854)

I've got Yoga Anatomy by Kaminoff et al, but really wouldn't recommend it unless you already have a significant knowledge of anatomy. Overall, I think its attempt to write for both beginners and experts ends up meaning that the introduction is very basic, but the rest requires pretty advanced knowledge. Certainly, it's not the place to look if you're a beginner and want to find out what your trapezius is.
drjay1966 http://yogaforcynics.blogspot.com
susbarb1
Posted 2008-07-08 8:53 PM (#108989 - in reply to #108854)

It will however, show you in illustration which muscles are being used for the pose shown. I found it very helpful for this pupose.

The attending anatomical references, I agree, assume at least basic knowledge of anatomy and kinetics.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)