YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

warm room less oxigen or cold
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

Nicolai Barov
Posted 2008-09-17 4:21 PM (#110893)
Subject: warm room less oxigen or cold

I have a small practice room. When i am going to practice yoga i make the room temperature higher with a little heater. After/and during the practice its getting hotter but the air is not so fresh and filled with oxigen. I use the heater so my muscles are more flexibel.

if i practice the sun salutation a and b (10 total) my body is not warm so thats why i use the heater?

Do i need to warm this room or is it more logic to get rid of the heater?

If i use the heater: i have warmer muscles and start sweating earlier but less oxigen and freshness is in the room

If i dont use the heater: it takes more time to get the good body temp but i have fresh air.

I would say that the warmer the body gets the better the yoga practice get (and flexibility)
the oxigen and freshness is not as important?

What is the best thing to do

Thanks for reading and maybe replying
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Seeker101
Posted 2008-09-17 4:30 PM (#110894 - in reply to #110893)
Subject: RE: warm room less oxigen or cold

Veteran

I read an ashtanga book that said that the room should be cool and you should make the heat with your body. but then I read an article that said that the room should be warm and that you should keep it warm during practice. So I would say that you have a personal preference decision to make. I personally like to practice in a cool room and work up a sweat. What do you like?
Nicolai Barov
Posted 2008-09-18 6:08 AM (#110907 - in reply to #110893)

Ok i understand. I like to practice in a heated room because i have the feeling afterwards that i am more flexible. But if i practice in a normal temperature room i feel 'healthyer" because the room was more fresh. But then again i feel less flexible.

i also have the problem that after i practice 5 a en 5 b sun salutations my body feels not very warm especially the legs. Is this normal?

The Ashtanga yoga is from india and there the normal temp is 25C degrees where i live it is 17-19C degrees?

Maybe i must warm the body up before starting with the sun salutations?

Greetings

Edited by Nicolai Barov 2008-09-18 6:09 AM
hnia
Posted 2008-09-23 1:32 PM (#111012 - in reply to #110907)

Hi Nicolai,

I like a warm humid room. At least 80 F for me.

If your legs are not flexible enough it might be because you aren't using downdog and uttanasana enough. Try lengthening the legs in these postures. Usually It takes me about 3 or 4 namaskars to open the legs up. The continues through standing and by the time the seated postures come, you should be sweating and your legs should be flexible.

If not you need to put more energy into the standing postures and do them correctly, with correct breathing, bandha and dristhi.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)