YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New yoga class plan software
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Jarrett
Posted 2008-09-25 11:18 PM (#111059)
Subject: New yoga class plan software

Hi everyone,

I wanted to invite you to check out and if you wish review a new web tool designed specifically to help yoga teachers both create and manage their class plans.

An idea that originally started out as a project to help my wife, a yoga teacher herself, turned into something much larger... a two year long development journey.

In that time more than 1400 yoga teachers contributed feedback on features they wanted to see... we did our best to meet all expectations and will continue to improve. A sample of features currently available:

- A drop and drag pose sequence creation – select pose silhouette from the pallet and drag it onto the pose canvas.

- A tool that let’s you access it from your web browser – create class plans at home, Starbucks or the studio.

- Ability to enter instructional pose and transition comments – some teachers will want to use both features and others neither.

- Quickly search and access pre-existing class plans and print or edit and save as a new class – search by keyword, student level and duration to narrow results.

- Read and copy class plans from other teacher members of YogaClassPlan.

- Change pose names to the teacher’s preference and much more.

Finally, finally after two years we did what is called a soft public launch last Friday... no big promotion or anything, just a quiet release. This was only after a two month testing period where we had teachers like you try to break our software and break it they did, a few times.

Now it's ready for the public though and we would love your feedback on the software, the idea or anything you wish to comment on. For example, do you find the website informative... it kind of reads like a story actually.

Anyway, let's get a good thread developed here on what you really think of it... just nice comments though :0, nah, just joking please, please be honest.

Go to http://www.yogaclassplan.com to learn more.

Thanks,

Jarrett

Edited by Jarrett 2008-09-25 11:20 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-09-26 1:53 AM (#111063 - in reply to #111059)
Subject: RE: New yoga class plan softwa

Hello Jarrett.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
Without an actual hands-on beta I could not impart a user experience to you. So I'll simply give my unadulterated feedback based on the looks.

It appears to be well developed and thoughtfully constructed. Again without actually flexing the code I can't tell you how well it's written.

The screen caps of the GUI look pleasant and easy to track with the eye.

I believe this would serve some teachers very well. I personally would not have a need for it since I do not teach in a Flow construct and I've not written a lesson plan on more than two occasions in the last five years. So I am out of the target market and that makes additional comments or feedback from me somewhat diluted.

Relative to the construct of the website those design or content elements that fall outside the fold (the initial window when the page loads) typically lose the visitor in terms of attention and interest. In short, the page is too long. The content would be more digestible within accepted web standards by being divided and slipped one level down in the hierarchy.

Even so, I looked through the entire thing but it's unreasonable to expect the average web visitor to actually scroll ten pages deep, which is what I had to do here on my mac in Camino on a 19" display at 1152 x 870.

This could be very popular with a certain segment of teachers and I wish you well with it.

Edited by purnayoga 2008-09-26 1:56 AM
Kym
Posted 2008-10-28 9:11 PM (#111660 - in reply to #111059)
Subject: RE: New yoga class plan software

Looks interesting, but like Purna says, you can't try it out or see how it actually functions. I guess you can try it out, but I always feel guilty trying something then asking for my money back if I don't like it. $130 seems expensive to me, but then again, if I loved it, I would probably pay it. Also, and I emailed the site, I wonder how many pages a printout would be for a one hour class? I would not like it if it were more than one page. I theory, this sounds great. I do plan every class I teach. I write it out on a narrow spiral, and I'm on my second spiral in 3 years. And I do review my old notes to make sure I'm not repeating too much, or forgetting something we liked. So, creating and planning are something I do. But, while this might be faster, it's also using my printer and ink and paper. I have to buy ink and paper and I'm pretty sure my spirals are cheaper. And, I have to get up and connect my laptop to the printer in another room. How much easier would it be? If the point is less hassle and organization, I'm not sure this solves anything for me.

So, anyone try it?
roypotter
Posted 2011-06-16 4:29 AM (#208684 - in reply to #111059)
Subject: RE: New yoga class plan software

Regular

This software has really helped lot of yoga teachers by reducing the tedious task of planning and scheduling yoga classes. Thanks Jarrett for introducing this software to us.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)