YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inspiration, Music and Namaste
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

DreamyD
Posted 2008-10-19 1:18 PM (#111455)
Subject: Inspiration, Music and Namaste

Hi, everyone.
I'm new to the forum... Wanted to introduce myself. I've been practicing yoga for about 6 years now and I've been teaching Bikrams for 6 months! I trained for nearly 4 months to become a Bikram Instructor.

Teaching is so rewarding and amazing. I still get a little nervous before each class- (not terribly.) It quickly goes away after pranayama and after each class I find myself incredibly energized although I give away all my energy to my students- they send it right back to me.

I'm very interested in little inspirational sayings that you use to enlighten and guide your students with.

I like saying things like- we have to stay flexible not just in our bodies but in our minds too- this way we can bend instead of break.

or

Expectations are the mother of suffering.

I'm VERY big on breathing and making sure my students surrender and RELAX during each savasana.

I'm also interested in what music you use. Obviously I love Krishna Das- his haunting voice is amazing and calming. But the same old music gets old- I could use some fresh ideas?

Anyway - I hope to hear from and get to know you all!
Namaste and Blessings

DreamyD
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kym
Posted 2008-10-28 9:17 PM (#111661 - in reply to #111455)
Subject: RE: Inspiration, Music and Namaste

I may be showing my Bikram ignorance, but I though the teacher had a script, and there was no music at all. At least, that's my experience in a Bikram class.

For music, I pick up songs on iTunes, do searches online, And when I take a class, if I like the music, I always ask the teacher what it was.

You can probably do a search on this website for music and get a lot of ideas from previous posts.

I teacher told me she likes to read the Daily OM (find it online) to get inspiration. I just read read read yogic texts and find ideas I want to share.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)