YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Year's Traditions
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2008-12-28 2:01 PM (#112580)
Subject: New Year's Traditions

Expert Yogi

Since BB did a Christmas tradition thread, I thought it would be good if we discussed New Years Tradtions....

Soo, yesterday I raked leaves and finally - safely, was able to remove them from the gutters. This is the only time of the year you can get it done..because you have to wait till they all fall, otherwise you'd have to do it twice! This is a little Tibetan thing I learned. They do all the sweeping and cleaning before the new year...its part of the out with the old and in with the new concept.

For New Years Day...I'm cooking up a batch of Black Eyed Peas, with locally grown - organic Collards. I'm using the ham bone from our naturally no nitrates added, ham that I got from Earthfare. It's gonna be very yummy. Black-eyed peas for good luck and Collards for $$$'s.

Meanwhile, today i'm doing the local organic turnip greens with turnips, Bryani with Hot Italian Chicken Sausage, and Split Pea with Ham soup. I just love my kitchen these days,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2008-12-28 4:34 PM (#112584 - in reply to #112580)
Subject: RE: New Year's Traditions

My immediate family and I (for the last twenty years) go over to the home of good friends who have a chamber music party all day on New Year's Day. There will be about 20 or 30 people of all ages who come and go over the course of the day. Everyone brings gourmet food, wine and music and we play chamber music, eat and socialize all day. People come from about a 60 or 70 mile radius and many of the people we only see at this party each year. Since our two daughters and their three daughters have been friends since they were in diapers and are now all in college all over the country, they will have a great time together.
tourist
Posted 2008-12-29 10:54 AM (#112595 - in reply to #112584)
Subject: RE: New Year's Traditions

Expert Yogi

Jim and Cyndi - I want to come to your houses! Sounds like good food and fun:-)

For quite a few years we used to do a local fun run/walk with our kids. It had lots of people in costume, draw prizes etc. Then we went out to a movie and got pizza. Mr. Tourist, many years ago, always had a sailboat race on New Year's Day, so I made that the day I would take down the tree and all the decorations.

Biggest non-event year was 1999 - 2000 when we had to stay home and wait to see if all the computers went nuts. Yeah, right... Biggest expensive night was the year we went to a really swanky old hotel for dinner and dancing and found the dance floor ridiculously small and completely unsuitable for ballroom dancing.

Best New Years ever was probably 1977 when we went to a party at a friend's house, had great food, scotch and champagne and watched the original cast of SNL. Is it lame that we watched TV? Absolutely not. The cool factor was huge!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)