YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anusara TT Postponed...what to do?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

*SF
Posted 2009-02-02 10:20 PM (#113330)
Subject: Anusara TT Postponed...what to do?

New User

Hello all,

I've been a viewer of this forum for a while but this is my first post. I'm posting now because I'm having trouble deciding what to do and I need some advice! I was signed up for an Anusara Teacher Training program to start this weekend 2/07 but it's been postponed until 2010 because not enough people signed up. The TT was planed for one weekend per month for a year with the teachings comprised of Immersions 1, 2 and 3 and then a final teacher training at the end of the year. The teacher will still be having the Immersion 1 but does not have enough people interested to do the full TT. My dilema is should I spend the $600 for the Immersion 1 and try to get as much as I can from it and try to find other ways to develop myself into a teacher this year (such as other workshops, books, beg my teacher for guidance when possible, etc)? Or will this be useless, not enough info or experience and should I just wait until 2010? I'm very in love with the style of Anusara yoga so not really sure that a TT in a different style is the answer. Plus, this is the only Anusara studio in my area.

I have a strong craving to get started on this now because I've hear of what a long time it takes most people before they are comfortable teaching. I know it will be a long and wonderful journey, I'm just excited to start! The reason I want to teach is so that I can share the physical benefits and the philosophy of yoga with people who may not have time or money to go to the gym or yoga studio. I'm especially excited about teaching teens or children. So, I am not planning to even make any money teaching. I just want to share what I've found with others.

Sorry for being so lengthy. Thank you in advance for your advice and thoughts.

SF

Edited by *SF 2009-02-02 10:24 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-02-02 11:30 PM (#113332 - in reply to #113330)
Subject: Re: Anusara TT Postponed...what to do?

Greetings.

The cosmos move in mysterious ways, do they not? All things for reasons. Most of them beyond our comprehension.

I'll offer you a couple of layers or answer here. Take what you wish.

We cannot tell others what to do. It is only in the heart center that we can fully be lead to and subsequently by our svadharma - out purpose for being here. So it is in the quiet of your meditation, the transformation of the vital and mental into the heart, and the connection to that voice that will give you the unique answer that is yours.

However I realize that may be lofty direction for a student yet to begin their teacher training or perhaps yet to immerse themselves in the yoga they are "very in love" with.

Generally speaking, teaching yoga is taken far too lightly. And by this I am not referencing a serious attitude, though for some things being serious is absolutely necessary. I am talking about our commitment to be in the yoga we want to teach, a dedication to train deeply and continue that training over the span of our lives, not just 400 hours. A desire to look more deeply into yoga and thus look more deeply into our selves AND do something with both.

In the rush to teach many cut corners, skimp on their training, and confuse asana for yoga. Becoming a teacher of yoga is not at all like being a student of yoga. The skill set is entirely different. Ergo "good" students do not masterful teachers make. To reach that, one must watch the ego at every turn for it crops up constantly and is a prime impediment to conveyance. One must learn to speak in concise ways that cannot be misunderstood. One must be able to make themselves a tube through which yoga can pass. One must live what they teach. One must cultivate patience. One must know sukhasana as well as saucha, dhanurasana as well as dvesha.

"How can I best serve and hold yoga in moving forward?" To me this is a most important question to answer for one's self. Will those students awaiting your teaching be best served by a forward movement generated from an anxious impatience? Or will they be better served with a teacher who took the necessary time to brew yoga within his/her consciousness?

Decisions made from a place of anxiety are not at all mindful, they are without mind or mind-less. Choose either path that you believe serves Yoga and your future students but do so from a grounded position of integrity - a place you may already be.

Edited by purnayoga 2009-02-02 11:40 PM
*SF
Posted 2009-02-06 10:19 PM (#113452 - in reply to #113330)

New User

Purna,

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful reply. After thinking about your response and what my intentions have been and should be I decided not to do the immersion. I realized that I've been so wrapped up in doing everything with the intention of teaching that I forgot about myself. I think I need to focus on developing myself and worry about teaching when the time is right. Thank you again for the reply!

Posted 2009-02-06 11:28 PM (#113454 - in reply to #113452)

You are welcome.
All the best to you in a heart-centered pursuit, no matter where it may wind.

Edited by purnayoga 2009-02-06 11:29 PM
weeeYogini
Posted 2009-03-16 2:24 PM (#114607 - in reply to #113330)
Subject: RE: Anusara TT Postponed...what to do?

Hi SF,

I feel for your plight. Have you checked the Anusara web site? There are a bunch of TTs going on all over the world.

Have you done an Immersion yet? John is currently restructuring the process so that maybe why your teacher delayed the training??? (pure speculation!) Certified Anusara teachers are amongst the highest trained teachers and the certification garners lots of respect. Personally, I would follow your heart and wait for the Universe to offer up the perfect time for YOUR TT with the perfect group of people that gather that you will learn from and with in the most auspicious setting!

many blessings!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)