YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Struggling with camel pose
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Posted 2009-06-01 4:20 PM (#116275 - in reply to #116274)
Subject: Re: Struggling with camel pose

thedancingj - that's funny, I did a posture clinic recently and was told that there is code in the dialog. Hips = butt, and costume = crotch.

Precisely!!!

Edited by thedancingj 2009-06-01 4:21 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ferret
Posted 2009-06-08 1:47 PM (#116402 - in reply to #116030)

Just an update--I now have no problem doing both sets of camel--I think it's one of my better postures, actually. Today I was hanging out in camel, looking at people upside down, watching them come out early, thinking "What's up with that?" LOL. (It's so much fun to look at people upside down.) Just wanted this here for the record so people reading this thread will know that you can get past these little roadblocks.

Now I need some help with awkward pose and toe stand. *sigh* (I think I just need strength for these, so that will come eventually. Right now I get myself into toe stand and fall in a heap on the floor every single time.)

ferret

Posted 2009-06-08 5:59 PM (#116408 - in reply to #116030)

Yay!! So glad to hear it. I love success stories!! ;)

And ok, this is the CAMEL thread, but I can't resist: awkward part 2, awkward part 3, and toe stand are all ultimately TRACTION poses, so don't forget that someone is pulling your hair up to the ceiling the entire time. Nice strong abs, nice long spine. That idea might help.
ferret
Posted 2009-06-08 9:52 PM (#116410 - in reply to #116030)

I'm sure it will happen at some point, but right now I am not feeling the pull of the great puppeteer in the ceiling. These things seem to suddenly click. Last week, I was doing my usual lame version of full locust, then suddenly I discovered some new muscles and was able to finally pull my torso off the floor. I'm looking for something like that to happen with other postures. In the meantime, I keep practicing.

ferret
amyf
Posted 2009-06-09 9:00 AM (#116413 - in reply to #116030)

Veteran

god plan just keep doing what you know and showing up... it WILL happen. I have found too that new things will come up in the same pose and the feeling and focus of the pose will shift. Or as you said I get an AH HA moment LOL but at any rate I too just keep showing up and have faith I am changing and growing. I too don't expect to ever reach a FINISH point. I will never fully 'get' a pose and hope I never do
chumsferd
Posted 2009-06-09 3:13 PM (#116422 - in reply to #116030)

sucking in your belly can help you lengthen your spine.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)