YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Xpost Hamstring/groin pain
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

kitton1113
Posted 2009-06-11 10:14 AM (#116463)
Subject: Xpost Hamstring/groin pain

In Dec of 07 I tore my hamstring while doing an upright standing split and I had my BF push on me a little. Needless to say, I learned my lesson on that. I finally was feeling 95% better by this past Dec.

I have been out of hot flow yoga for almost a year now (after teacher training) due to a lupus flare up. Since last Nov. I have been attending Iyengar on a weekly basis. I felt my flexibility had far surpassed what it had been before finally able to do Sukha-Chakorasana, Tittibhasana, and Vishvamitrasana.

About two weeks ago I went back to a Power 1 class. About 20 min in we did an inverted standing split (holding the ankle at the floor) and I heard three pops in my groin of my standing leg and dropped to the floor. This was the same place it was injured before. I iced it for the next few days.

It felt ok after class and thru the day. As the past couple of weeks have passed it has gotten worse. It hurts in my groin (I assume upper inner hammy), in my hip, glute max, and lower back to sit. It is a sharp pain in the groin, just south of the sits bone, and dull in the glute and back. Occasionally I will have a dull to sharp pain in the outer back side of my upper leg down the back of my knee. The pain can be duplicated in forwards folds as it was with the previous injury.

I have also have a history of coccydynia. There is new pain the sacrum when previously it was only in the coccyx. I'm not sure if it's related.

I am very hesitant to go to a dr as from what I understand there is really nothing they can do to help it unless it so bad I need surgery. I really can't afford an MRI but I am also concerned it may be a hernia in L4/L5 or L5/S1. I was hoping that someone out there might be able to shed some light on what might be going on and at what point is it crucial for me to break down and go to an ortho dr?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)