YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone done this teacher training course?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

bijou
Posted 2009-06-15 6:16 AM (#116513)
Subject: Anyone done this teacher training course?

I've been practising Hatha yoga for 15 years and have been going to classes regularly and doing self practice everyday for 2 years.
I've taught friends on a casual basis and over the last 4 months have had a twice weekly group of 3 students, all who have given me positive feedback.
I've have read numerous books on yoga and teaching but would like to know more about how to teach well.
I'd also like to become formally qualified but a a single mum of 2 little boys can't get away to a 200 hour intensive. Here in Granada, Spain there are no course, part time or full time however I have come across this online course run by a British distance learning collage:

http://www.bsygroup.co.uk/index.php?courseid=9

Although the site gives little info on the actual course, and I know that distance learning can never be as good as within a proper class situation, this course leads to being able to put your name on the 'Yoga registary' which I see Godfrey Devereuax recognises.
Has anyone done this course, or know of anyone who has and can recommend it, or warn me off?

Many thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
prascina
Posted 2009-06-16 1:21 PM (#116531 - in reply to #116513)
Subject: RE: Anyone done this teacher training course?

I know a very good yoga teacher in Barcelona who can help you to practice yoga and to get qualified as a teacher. She might fly off to india in October.If Barcelona is within your reach you can contact me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)