YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Labryinth
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

Seeker101
Posted 2009-07-30 10:42 AM (#117295)
Subject: Labryinth

Veteran

I am going to a retreat that is part of my 200 hour yoga teacher training and one of the meditation options for us is a labryinth walk. Has anyone ever done one? It sounds really interesting but I'd like to hear from anyone who has done one about helpful hints, etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-07-30 5:16 PM (#117301 - in reply to #117295)
Subject: RE: Labryinth

I did in England--it was OK, I found no medatative value in it though--I just wanted to figure out how the heck to get out of there.
tourist
Posted 2009-07-31 10:32 AM (#117312 - in reply to #117295)
Subject: RE: Labryinth

Expert Yogi

There was some discussion here quite some time ago about this. Zoebird, I think, has some experience. Not all labyrinths are enclosed puzzles. We dance at a church that has one painted on the gym floor and another one has it out in the courtyard in stone.

A quick google found this: http://labyrinthlocator.com You might want to have a look there and see if you can find a local one to look at.

Ha! There is a story about one in NZ in ZB's husband's blog: http://holyembersofdreams.blogspot.com/ Also cute photos of their little guy - Hawk.

Posted 2009-08-04 1:19 PM (#117443 - in reply to #117312)
Subject: Re: Labryinth

yeah, you can make labyrinth's and meditation spirals and double spirals and a number of varieties.

it is, basically, walking meditation, but it's a set path to a center point and usually out again. the shape involves different symbologies, and really those can matter or not depending upon the person. but, the main thing is that they have to be experienced to be understood. so there's not a lot more than anyone can tell you about it.

the one on ryan's blog is near his work. it's really quite new (and quite hot as it doesn't have any shade. but, we like to do it in the evenings or mornings. right now, i drive ryan to work, parking at the neighboring quaker meeting. then hawk and i walk the labyrinth. after this, we play a bit on the lawn and check out the veggie garden at the meetinghouse, and then typically hawk has a nap for about an hour or two. i read.

we then go to another park (with slides and such), and then take a hike, and then pick ryan up. so, it can be a long day outside. LOL but it's fun.

ryan does the labyrinth on cooler days.

Posted 2009-08-04 1:24 PM (#117444 - in reply to #117295)
Subject: Re: Labryinth

and i think that most recent blog about the labyrinth (soul of wit) was the one at the quaker meeting.

i did build a double-spiral labyrinth while in NZ two years ago, but i don't think ryan wrote about it. LOL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)