YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bikram maintenance while on cruise?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

samsaracat
Posted 2009-08-13 10:20 AM (#117623)
Subject: bikram maintenance while on cruise?

Hi there - I'm new to bikram and loving it. I'm 18 days into a 30-day challenge. Four days after the challenge, I go on a 7-day cruise. I'm worried that my body will seize up if I go cold turkey. Any suggestions? What do you guys do when you go on vacation to stay happy, healthy and balanced?

Many thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
yogabrian
Posted 2009-08-13 12:56 PM (#117627 - in reply to #117623)
Subject: Re: bikram maintenance while on cruise?

I agree, keep practicing. Go slow though, you will be much stiffer outside the heat!

Posted 2009-08-13 3:02 PM (#117631 - in reply to #117623)

Meanwhile, I'd go on the cruise and do exactly what I wanna do and when and enjoy it--the now--with any thoughts of Bikram in the deep recesses of my mind.
lockdaknee
Posted 2009-08-13 4:02 PM (#117636 - in reply to #117623)

Regular

I went on a 13 day cruise last summer and brought a digitized version of the Bikram CD. Sometimes I would only do the first 4 postures on the basketball court early in the morning, sometimes just the floor spine series sometimes just breathing in my tiny cabin and somedays nothing!

Good luck getting your stretch on between buffets. ;]

Posted 2009-08-13 6:21 PM (#117650 - in reply to #117623)

I'm gonna agree with EVERYONE at once, haha. You're on vacation!!! So do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it! If you WANT to do some yoga, then go for it. If you don't want to, then don't - haha - sweat it. Your body will remember when it gets back. Sometimes when I travel I practice the whole series by the pool, other times I do a set of half moon in the airport and that's it, and other times I do absolutely nothing except eat good food, drink some beer, and veg out.

Enjoy the rest of your challenge and have fun on your trip!! Hope to hear more from you in the future...
veggiepose
Posted 2009-08-13 7:48 PM (#117655 - in reply to #117623)

One of my teachers makes a point to NOT do any yoga on her vacations, but do as you please. I've done some home practice when I can't get to class using the CD and also going through the poses by memory. I kind of prefer the latter and I find that it takes me pretty much 90 minutes. Have a great time!
samsaracat
Posted 2009-08-13 11:49 PM (#117666 - in reply to #117623)

Thank you guys so much. I feel reassured - and it's good to get a reminder that it's ok to do what I want to do on vacation - you must know me pretty well. I was picturing withdrawal symptoms, my body bloating up and cramping without the daily detox, and then agony when I got back. What a good idea to do yoga on my own. I forget that a good part of the world does yoga without all the products and memberships. Great forum.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)