YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Emmy
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

veggiepose
Posted 2009-08-27 4:12 PM (#117965)
Subject: Emmy

For several years now, once in a blue moon, I'll go take class at HQ on Saturdays. I always wanted to have Emmy teach the class, but she never was there when I was. Last Saturday, it was Emmy! I just loved it. She's so gracious, and the entire class was very calming. She knows her stuff, is very friendly, and actually quite funny! I was amused that she walks around with the headset on, then sort of sets up camp on a stool in the BACK of the class. Completely un-Bikram. It was great.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2009-08-27 4:42 PM (#117967 - in reply to #117965)
Subject: Re: Emmy

Yay!!!! Emmy appreciation time!! I LOVE Emmy too. And yes, she totally just does her own thing and Bikram doesn't care. He's like, "when YOU guys are 84 years old, you can do whatever you want, too." I love how she will wander around the room and you can never tell where she is until she's right on top of you - hehe. She's like a ninja. I took a Saturday morning class from her one time that was one of my favorite classes EVER. She has such a clear way of explaining the mechanics of the postures. It's totally consistent with the dialogue, but she does it all her own way, and a lot of the time it's actually - *gasp* - easier to understand! I think I learn 5 new things every time I spend 90 minutes with her. And she can totally kill you if she wants to, but you're right, she can also be VERY sweet and hilarious, and she's just so easy to trust. I always feel so safe in her classes.

And damn, she sees EVERYTHING. She is so smart. I took her advanced class off and on last fall, showed up maybe 2 or 3 times a month. She corrected me a couple times in class, but didn't talk to me much, and I was pretty sure that she had no idea who I was. I mean, she sees a LOT of yoga students! Then after a few months, I was having a little soreness in my knees that I couldn't figure out, so I asked her about it, and without missing a beat she told me EXACTLY what was happening to me and what had caused it in my practice. And she was right. I was IMPRESSED!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)