YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

recovery time for wrist surgery
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

soundmethod
Posted 2009-09-19 10:35 PM (#118476)
Subject: recovery time for wrist surgery

I am a yoga teacher who has been suffering from a very painful ganglion cyst on my wrist for about 5-6 years. Unfortunately these types of cysts are acctually agravated by certain types of poses, to my great chagrin, and I've decided to have surgery to remove the cyst. Because I really depend on the income I earn from teaching yoga Im really concerned about the recovery time of 4-6 weeks. Not to mention what this will do to my personal practice. I do plan to teach during this recovery time but am mostly concerned about the very beginner class that I teach and the fitness yoga class that I teach that all but mandate that I practice with and demonstrate to the class. I do love my salutations for these formats and while I have had to do less with my wrists in my personal practice, I am concerned about teaching without using my wrists at all for up to 6 weeks, ugh. Any ideas or suggestions? Anyone had this surgery and can attest to the recovery time? Got some great ways to get the heart beating hard without sun salutations, to keep things flowing without down dog? My good friend says injurys are our best teachers.... grumble.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Yogacharyatonmoy
Posted 2009-09-19 10:49 PM (#118479 - in reply to #118476)
Subject: RE: recovery time for wrist surgery

Extreme Veteran

Namaste!

I had the same type of very painful ganglion cyst on my right wrist about 20 years ago. I had gone through Homeopathy (in Kolkata, India) treatment for about a year and completely removed. Many people told me to go through surgery to remove the cyst but I met a Homeopathy doctor, who cured my problem.

I wish you good luck…

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)