YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

carter1990
Posted 2009-12-06 7:29 PM (#119784)
Subject: question

Hi everyone,

My name is nick carter and I was wondering what a good resource for finding schools where I can certified as a yoga teacher. I am in the process of looking but don't know where to start

thanks,
nick
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Yogacharyatonmoy
Posted 2009-12-06 8:35 PM (#119786 - in reply to #119784)
Subject: RE: question

Extreme Veteran

You want to go to India or you are looking for a Yoga teachers training course in your country?

Namaste

Posted 2009-12-07 2:51 AM (#119791 - in reply to #119784)
Subject: Re: question

Hello Nick,

Ultimately that information is within.
However a more pragmatic approach might advise that you find a practice that resonates with you before choosing a training. After all, in order to maintain the integrity of a teacher one must experience the teachings in their own living.

Once you have found a practice that speaks to your heart - and opens it - then you can more readily find the right training (for you). Bear in mind that many times we seeks treasure far away when it is buried in our own backyard. But each possibility must be considered.

There are sound and unsound programs just about everywhere:-)

gordon

Posted 2009-12-08 11:16 AM (#119830 - in reply to #119784)

carter1990 - 2009-12-06 4:29 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is nick carter and I was wondering what a good resource for finding schools where I can certified as a yoga teacher. I am in the process of looking but don't know where to start

thanks,
nick

Hi Nick,
A good place to look is http://www.yogaalliance.org
jimg

Edited by jimg 2009-12-08 11:18 AM

Posted 2009-12-08 3:00 PM (#119833 - in reply to #119830)

Nick,
I posted this elsewhere, but it also belongs here:

You are only a beginning yoga teacher after completing a yoga teacher training, regardless of what style you train in. To be a real yoga teacher, you need teaching experience and life-long continuing education in various forms of yoga and a variety of other subjects (including but not limited to anatomy, physiology, psychology, neurology, kinetics, education, human motivation, Eastern and Western philosophy, comparative religion, diet, physical therapy).

Yoga teachers need more than indoctrination in a particular style, they need actual knowledge and experience so that they can effectively apply that knowledge. They also need integrity, to maintain appropriate boundries and they need to know when they don't know and when to tell their students to seek professional help.

There are many poor yoga teachers (of all styles) because there are many people who want to teach yoga, but who have not and are not acquiring the skills and knowledge needed to be a competent yoga teacher.

Teacher trainings are the first step in becoming a yoga teacher, not the final step.

Edited by jimg 2009-12-08 3:02 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)