YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll Looking for feedback about a Yoga Teacher Support Center (link is in the post)
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Looking for feedback about a Yoga Teacher Support Center (link is in the post)
OptionAdded byResults
It was useful
I would recommend it to a friend
It was easy to understand how to use
I would like to be able to search it
I wish there were more links to other sites
I wish there were general resources pages (good yoga books, music, etc.)
It isn't useful to me because of the emphasis on Ananda Yoga
Even though I practice another school of yoga, the articles applied to me
You should add should articles about X (reply below to say what)
I noticed that you can ask questions on the site
Add your own option:
This is a multiple choice poll.

expandinglight
Posted 2010-02-26 9:52 PM (#121677)
Subject: Looking for feedback about a Yoga Teacher Support Center (link is in the post)

Hi all,

I asked Piel if it was okay to share this, a long time ago, and he said to go ahead.

We have a large section of our site which has free articles and resources for yoga teachers. Not just for students, mind you -- it's especially for yoga teachers.

I'm trying to find out what you think about it, and any suggestions you might have.

Click here to take a look at it:
Yoga Teacher Support Center

If you feel to, just mark options below that apply. Any replies in the forum are also much appreciated! I'm particularly interested in what can make it a really stand-out resource for people, and so if you need to criticize it, please go ahead -- though positive suggestions are the easiest to act on.

Oh, and one thing: it's focused on Ananda Yoga, because that's the style we practice and teach, but many of the articles should be universal.

Brahmachari Nabha
The Expanding Light Yoga and Meditation Retreat

Edited by expandinglight 2010-02-26 9:53 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-03-02 12:53 PM (#121737 - in reply to #121677)
Subject: Re: Looking for feedback about a Yoga Teacher Support Center (link is in the post)

Okay I'll bite.

The site has a warm color scheme which is inviting to the eye of the visitor. However the masthead is a bit too large and forces pertinent content down the page beyond the "fold". That means visitors must "DO" something (scroll, click) to drop deeper into the page. For some sites it's tough to manage. But the header here is such that I cannot see anything below "Most Popular" and the first article under "Recent" unless I scroll. It's really a web design no-no.

The navigation is a bit puzzling but that may be learning curve oriented.
For me, when I go into a Most Popular article its not clear how to get back. The back button on the browser is not typically a reliable methodology. You'll notice that the file path (just under the drop down menus) adds one level to the hierarchy (in this case Articles). What might make more sense is to make the text Yoga Teacher Support Center in the right frame a clickable link.

Looking at the content it seems helpful. However looking at an article like Healthy Hips in Hatha Yoga there's a huge chunk of white space at the top of the article and it's very disjointing to web visitors. I have not looked at all the content but there is at least one other occurrence of white space in that section. And again, those articles scroll down several pages. It might be more tidy to have them on sequential pages without dropping the content down quite so deeply.

Edited by purnayoga 2010-03-02 12:56 PM
expandinglight
Posted 2010-03-02 1:36 PM (#121742 - in reply to #121677)
Subject: Re: Looking for feedback about a Yoga Teacher Support Center (link is in the post)

Hi Purnayoga,

Thanks a lot! I'm from Seattle myself -- just moved from there several years ago.

I think you're right about needing more actionable items above the fold. The other things will probably take more thought, to determine how to address them, but I'm keeping a copy of your notes in my to-do list.

Thanks for taking the time to look through the section and make suggestions.

Joy,
Nabha
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)