YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

where is every one?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

amyf
Posted 2010-03-04 1:06 AM (#121748)
Subject: where is every one?

Veteran

havent heard from any one or seen any new posts........ whats going on in your yoga world?

i myself have been up to my four day practice and added new superfoods to my diet ..... i'll keep you posted on my results as i experiment  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-03-04 2:21 AM (#121749 - in reply to #121748)
Subject: Re: where is every one?

we are in the process of settling and transitioning the business that we purchased in New Zealand. It's a holistic health center.

it's been a fascinating process of learning to keep our nerve, breathe, and learn to work with groundlessness. now that we own the business, we are dealing with another person's disorganization and lack of leadership, as well as people who are afraid of what our changes may bring for them.

it's been an interesting balance.

Posted 2010-03-04 2:56 AM (#121750 - in reply to #121748)

i know, it's so quiet!! but i (almost) never instigate conversations, i just pop in and reply to stuff....

i'm starting teacher training in 6 weeks and 3 days. i'm practicing pretty much every day (par for the course around here), studying when i can, and trying to get my life in order!! i've started working on the dialogue with other people, which is fun. there's one fellow trainee who i'm helping a lot, and there's another teacher who's been helping ME working on dynamics and phrasing and stuff, so that feels like a good balance of helping and being helped. i like it. i am SO excited for training, and i can't believe how quickly it's coming up!!
psimmons
Posted 2010-03-04 11:04 PM (#121757 - in reply to #121748)

Amy-would greatly appreciate insight into your "superfoods"...Bikram has given me a much more discerning pallet. Always looking to expand my choices
Cyndi
Posted 2010-03-04 11:26 PM (#121758 - in reply to #121757)

Expert Yogi

I've been enjoying my Spirulina Sunrise Drinks that I make with Papaya, Banana and Ginger. Gives you a ton of energy!!
amyf
Posted 2010-03-05 9:35 AM (#121759 - in reply to #121748)

Veteran

ah yes Im not brave enough for the powder but I did start taking the tabs..... I've also started eating goji berries real cocoa beans and a ton of other super foods. feeling really good. I've ALWAYS eaten very well but have taken it to another level. Have gone vegan and started smart super food supplementing
amyf
Posted 2010-03-05 9:36 AM (#121760 - in reply to #121748)

Veteran

ps also going for colonic on Mon........ yikes I'll waddle to the desk and let you know how it went LOL

Posted 2010-03-05 3:14 PM (#121762 - in reply to #121748)
Subject: RE: where is every one?

Cyndi, that drink is intriguing :-) Do you have a recipe online or is it in a book? I've been feeling more fatigued than usual after yoga lately and wonder if I'm missing out on some electrolytes.

Thanks for instigating the post, AmyF! I'm in the middle of the school semester and the work is piling up. Too much sitting down, too much grading, but the yoga helps my back to not get all tweaked out. I practice about 4x/week, which is saving me from slipping into stress-mode! What a balance the yoga brings!

Super curious about the colonic over here, too. I've always been interested in trying it, but most of the medical profession is dubious about the benefits, so I'm still unsure.

Posted 2010-03-05 4:43 PM (#121763 - in reply to #121762)

Elisa,
If you do a couple of sun salutations every hour or so while you are sitting down working, your back will be much happier and so will your mind!

Try it. You will be amazed at how much stress it relieves and how much it energizes.

Jim
Cyndi
Posted 2010-03-05 10:08 PM (#121768 - in reply to #121762)

Expert Yogi

Randomfemale - 2010-03-05 3:14 PM

Cyndi, that drink is intriguing :-) Do you have a recipe online or is it in a book? I've been feeling more fatigued than usual after yoga lately and wonder if I'm missing out on some electrolytes.

Very easy...2 cups of Papaya, 1 Banana, 1/2" grated peeled ginger and to start 1 teaspoon of Earthrise Spirulina...blend in blender, may add fresh Orange Juice or Soy Milk to get the liquids flowing...walla, it is the best energy drink!!! The Japanese go crazy over this stuff. It tastes pretty good too.

Here's some articles of reference. Do a google. I like the Earthrise brand because of the quality.

http://www.spirulina.com/spirulina_monograph.html

http://www.spirulina.com/scientific_studies.html

Posted 2010-03-06 7:56 PM (#121776 - in reply to #121768)

it does taste good.

we made passionfruit juice with ginger and banana the other day. can't find spirulina yet. couldn't find a papaya. it was good though. i love passionfruit juice!

i have ot use less ginger. oh, and a bit of lemon--that was it. a bit of lemon in it.
Cyndi
Posted 2010-03-07 12:08 AM (#121779 - in reply to #121776)

Expert Yogi

I bet Passion fruit is very good ZB. There s something about the Spriulina that give you soo much energy, its amazing stuff. I've relied heavily on it since going back to college..can you believe it, I don't cook as much as I used to. Although...Sam cooks Indian/Nepali dishes and I do quick and easy...I don't care as long as it is HEALTHY, which it is.

Today I went to a yoga class and afterwards hit Whole Foods...OMG, that beet juice, ginger, kale, spinach and lemon juicer drink was totally awesome...I want a juicer sooo badly!!!

Can't wait to hear about all the cool different veggies and fruit ZB...please import some to us,

Posted 2010-03-07 12:50 AM (#121780 - in reply to #121748)

Where do you get the passionfruit, ZB? I ate it constantly in Ecuador and can't find it here :-( LOVED it, though.

Posted 2010-03-07 1:29 AM (#121781 - in reply to #121780)

well, being in NZ, they grow it here. it's actually quite affordable all things considered.

what else? oh right. . .

the Feijoa. it's one of the best fruits on the planet. it has a great sweetness with a tart kick at the end. i just LOVE them.

they also have this thing called silverbeet. it's not quite like a beet or a carrot or parsnip. it is a root. and it's lovely. it's good 10,000 ways and the leaves are divine, too. sweeter than most greens.

they have about 4 or 5 different kinds of kiwi fruit. you have green of course, and a mini kind that is green, but they also have a golden variety that is sweeter than the green and has a smooth skin.

Posted 2010-03-07 10:41 AM (#121783 - in reply to #121748)

Oops, shoulda checked your location. You're making me drool, Zoebird! I'd come to NZ just for the ample passionfruit. The silverbeet also sounds enticing :-)
Cyndi
Posted 2010-03-07 11:31 AM (#121784 - in reply to #121783)

Expert Yogi

Zoebird, you really need to check out the Manuka Honey...it's really really good and very medicinal!!
KenPol
Posted 2010-08-09 1:48 PM (#124587 - in reply to #121748)

Its so funny how a post can start with one question and end up talking about Manuka Honey. hahaha. I'm over in California teaching Bikram at a local studio but also super busy trying to secure another job! Thanks for the interesting convo!

- K

Mika Yoga Wear

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)