YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pain
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Robyngirl
Posted 2010-03-25 8:16 PM (#122148)
Subject: Pain

I have pain in my sacrum, lower back and hip area. I am taking a teacher's training course and the tightness and pain seems to be getting worse and is preventing me from the ability to do twists, etc. Anyone have an idea of what I may or may not be doing that is causing this to happen?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-03-25 9:21 PM (#122153 - in reply to #122148)
Subject: Re: Pain

?s
1) Do you have a mentor in your teacher training program? If so - have you discussed this with your mentor?

2) Do your trainers teach yoga therapy? Or do you know someone with a strong yoga therapy background - if you have ruled out medical issues that would be best addressed through western medical protocols then why not use the tools of yoga?

3) Think about what you might say to a regular student that came to you with this problem. This undoubtedly is one of those "learning" opportunities that will make you a stronger teacher down the line.

I hate to state the obvious - but do you stop when you do asanas that cause pain? If you are choosing to work through pain - you might want to give some thought to this choice.

Best wishes.
Vic

Posted 2010-03-26 1:53 AM (#122156 - in reply to #122148)

Hi,
I posted here for you http://www.yoga.com/forums/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=11
I agree with the above.

And check how you are doing your forward bends.....if you are working incorectly you could be doing harm and then making it worse with twists.
Seeker101
Posted 2010-03-26 4:06 PM (#122160 - in reply to #122148)

Veteran

Read Judith Lasater's new book on anatomy. She talks about the position of the sacrum in forward bends and twists and shows how to do this safely. She makes some great points about taking your pelvis with you as you move rather than trying to hold it steady. It can change your practice if you want it to.

Posted 2010-03-27 7:19 AM (#122165 - in reply to #122148)

Hello Robyn,

You've not provided enough information for very sound feedback. For that, in my case, there needs to be some outline of what you are and are not doing, how you are doing it, how often, and for what duration. Also needed is pertinent information about you - are you 20 or 40, active or sedentary, with or without previous and present injuries (other than the one's listed), your diet, your sleep etcetera.

Otherwise it's just guesswork as pain in the lower back, sacrum, and hips could be a pain of origin from about 10 things or they could be referring from elsewhere - not to mention their correlation between the aforementioned stress, diet, rest.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)