YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Great Marketing Tool for Yoga Teachers
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

cereid12
Posted 2010-06-22 11:28 PM (#123644)
Subject: Great Marketing Tool for Yoga Teachers

Hello Yogi Friends and Teachers!

I want to share with you an amazing way to market yourself as a yoga teacher. I'm a new teacher myself, and as soon as I started looking for teaching jobs at studios and with private clients, I realized the importance of having a website.

I built my webiste for free using Build A Free Yoga Website (www.buildafreeyogawebsite.com) BAFYW is a free online video training course that teaches yoga instructors how to create a website for online promotion and yoga marketing.

I have been working with fellow yogi Matt Elmore to bring you this amazing resource. Matt’s been involved in making websites for quite a few years now. From blogs to commercial ecommerce sites, he’s always used free online resources to bring up sites quickly and more importantly, for free. As soon as he graduated from his yoga teacher training, he had a website up and running within days.

I was intrigued and impressed – his site looked amazing! Even though I was still nervous about building my own site, with Matt’s guidance I began the website creation journey. I was surprised to learn just how easy the process was. Matt is a wonderful teacher, and within another few days I was able to launch the site you’re browsing now, having done all the work myself for next to nothing. With the free tools out there today, such as Wordpress, building a website was as easy as watching clips on youtube.

Months ago we created an intention to set the story straight, and give back to yoga teachers by creating this free course. It’s been some hard work, but an extremely fun process. Together, Matt and I are proud to announce the Build a Free Yoga Website series is complete! If we can help by bringing the world more yoga, then the world will be a happier place!

Check out the site today, and continue to shine your light on all students that cross your teaching path.

With Peace,
Caitlin

www.caitlinreidyoga.com
www.buildafreeyogawebsite.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-06-23 2:12 PM (#123653 - in reply to #123644)
Subject: Re: Great Marketing Tool for Yoga Teachers

Thank you Caitlin.

I can see how this can be seen as serving the yoga community and there are likely many teachers who would benefit from such an offering.

I would broach two points for consideration.
The first is that a yoga forum is a community and as such there is a give and take amongst its members. For some this means that a first post that is also a marketing effort doesn't feel too warm and fuzzy. Not everyone feels this way but it is worth considering what relationship the OP is offering and requesting from the community.

The second is that there's no privacy policy on the web site you list AND that site asks for my email address without any outline of how it will be used. Again, for some this is not a problem as they'll seemingly share their electronic information with anyone. As one who has worked in the industry I would not share my contact information with such a site without exercising extreme care. This is how spam lists are compiled and while I don't believe that is the purpose here it does happen frequently.

gordon

Edited by purnayoga 2010-06-23 2:13 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)