YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help Mary Teach Yoga!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

yogamary
Posted 2010-08-03 2:40 PM (#124448)
Subject: Help Mary Teach Yoga!

Hi everyone,

I am posting here today because I am finally taking action on a goal of mine that I see as an integral part in my life and career plans, but I am in searching for help. I am hoping to attend an intensive teacher training program to become a Bikram Yoga Instructor. Even though this is a Bikram Forum , for those who don't know, Bikram Yoga is a sequence of yoga done in a room kept at 105 degrees and 40% humidity. I have been practicing Bikram Yoga for several years and have participated in yoga competitions and different seminars. Currently I am practicing at Bikram Yoga Monterey Bay in Pacific Grove. The training session will allow me to become a certified teacher. I plan to teach and eventually own a studio, and continue writing and webcasting yoga and health-related topics.

Teacher Training is $10,900, which includes $7,000 tuition and $3,900 mandatory housing. I am humbly asking for any donations to help cover the costs of training - I hope to save enough money to attend training this September at the Fall session in San Diego. I have already received $2,650, and need at minimum $5,250 for their min. deposit (for a payment plan option they have).

I have set up a blog and a PayPal donation page. If you have a moment, I invite you to check it out at http://www.helpmaryteachyoga.com. I have posted a few pages on why I want to go to training, more information about the yoga, as well as a competition video and some photos.

If you know of anyone else who might be interested in donating, please let me know, or pass along my website to them! I greatly appreciate the time you've taken to read my message. Thank you so much for your consideration and support!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-08-03 4:22 PM (#124449 - in reply to #124448)
Subject: Re: Help Mary Teach Yoga!

Wow Mary--I almost deleted this--figured it was a scam but upon reviewing your info, you seem sincere and have put a lot of thought and effort into you plan. Who am I to stand in the way of an enthusiastic young lady leveraging 21st Century technology to get her appeal out there? Good luck!
amyf
Posted 2010-08-07 12:06 AM (#124557 - in reply to #124448)

Veteran

good luck too I wish I could help but.... I am in the same boat LOL
from one Bikram dreamer to another best wishes

Posted 2010-08-07 10:48 PM (#124573 - in reply to #124448)

I used to practice with Mary in Boston - she is definitely a real person (hehe) and she is super awesome!! If you can give her a hand, you should go for it.

Or at least take a look at her sweet website, which is very well put together!
yogamary
Posted 2010-08-09 12:48 PM (#124581 - in reply to #124448)

Bruce, thanks for not deleting! I had a feeling someone might think it was SPAM since I've got a link in there and whatnot, but I thought I'd try anyway, just in case!

Thanks for the kind words Juliana!! :-D

amyf, best wishes - maybe we'll see each other at training one day ;)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)