YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to Bikram...questions..what else?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

newbie13
Posted 2010-08-30 8:03 PM (#124856)
Subject: New to Bikram...questions..what else?

Hello! I started Bikram, yoga for that matter, last Tuesday and have been there every day except today (started work again). I love love love it.

I've been experiencing some varying emotions.

Does that happen?

First class: I almost laughed out loud because I felt so amazing and I'm very out of shape & a smoker. After this class I went from approx. 15 cigarettes a day to b/t 4-6 p/day.
Fifth class: Breathing out of control and started to cry (no sobbing). Which hadn't happened before. The instructor said it was a good thing and a sign that my body/mind was detoxifying/realizing a change was taking place.

Anyone know if the instructor was correct?

I definitely feel happier, especially after class, and I have been sleeping much better.

One thing...I don't know if I am doing the positions correctly and this is killing me! I want to do the positions correctly and get the max out of it. The instructors are telling me to just let it go and not to push myself too much "it will come when it comes" I'm sure they are right but I just had to get that off my chest, I have the tendency to rush things.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-08-30 10:37 PM (#124857 - in reply to #124856)
Subject: Re: New to Bikram...questions..what else?

Sara--what you're experiencing is absolutely normal--just like a new boyfriend, it's all the excitement of a new love...the unknown, the thrill of something new. Regarding the asanas, I know it's tough but quit fighting it--that's your instructors job to help you there. You just started so go with it. That's all a part of the yoga. As for the detoxifying thing, that's just a pat answer in my opinion.

Posted 2010-08-30 11:10 PM (#124858 - in reply to #124856)

Yes, you are totally normal. Don't worry.

Don't worry too much about whether you're "doing it right." If you're doing your best, that's right. The point of class is not to do the positions perfectly. Even the people who practice for years and years still don't have perfect postures!! One of my friends put it best: she says, "The yoga is a lifetime practice, so what's your rush? Are you in a hurry to get out of your life?" Just keep doing your best, and enjoy it! That's AWESOME that you are feeling so good already! Really happy for you.
newbie13
Posted 2010-08-31 12:06 PM (#124863 - in reply to #124856)

Thank you Bruce & thedancingj ! Going back class today after my one day break...can't wait!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)