YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shiva Meditation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Yogi Nils
Posted 2010-09-10 5:22 AM (#124979)
Subject: Shiva Meditation

Shiva is the supreme God in Yoga. We can see him as the symbol of a victorious yogi. Shiva has a cosmic consciousness. He lives above the world of duality. Shiva as cosmic consciousness can occur in many forms. The most famous incarnations of Shiva are the meditator (the practicing yogi), the blessing (the karma yogi), the ego sacrificer (subordinated under the goddess Kali), the dancer (with the life) and the lover (Shiva and Shakti hand in hand or in sexual union). Shiva is the master of life. He lives his life with the five elements / features of love (earth), joy (air), wisdom (water), strength (fire) and resting (space, cosmos). He lives at the right moment the right property. He sees himself as the winner and becomes a winner. He is programmed in success. At the same time Shiva is always aware that he is a beggar in God, nothing in the size of the cosmos, an egoless wanderer through the life.

1. The Winner = We shake the fists near our head and think: "I am a winner. I reach my goal. ... My goal is...."

2. The Strong = We rub the feet on the ground and visualize the Mount Meru among us, "I'm sitting on the Mount Meru (Himalaya Mountains). I maintain equanimity in pain. I'm going with perseverance my way."

3. The Egoless = We make large circles with our hands around us, visualize the cosmos full of stars and think, "I live in the great system of the cosmos. I let go of my own will. I take things the way they are."

4. The Hatha-Yogi = We visualize within ourselves the Kundalini Serpent, twist in the spine, move our toes and think: "I am a Hatha Yogi. I walk the path of Hatha Yoga. I save myself with my spiritual exercises."

5. The Karma-Yogi = We move our hand, send all beings light and think, "I am a Karma Yogi. I help all beings. I send light to...". Shiva means "The Good". He sees himself in all his fellow beings. He wants all his friends to be happy. He works for the goal of a happy world.

6. Master Yoga = We rub the palms before our heart chakra, visualize the sky above us and think, "Om all enlightened masters. I ask for guidance and help on my way."

7. Shiva Picture = Concentrate on a picture or a statue of Shiva. Move one hand and take the energy from Shiva. Think several times the mantra "Om Namah Shivaya" (I connect myself with Shiva) or "Shivo Ham" (I am Shiva) and feel how the energy of Shiva flows with the mantra in you.

8. Meditation = We put our hands in the lap, move your toes and think the mantra "Om Shanti" (inner peace) in the belly, "Om Shanti, Om Shanti, Om ..." Then we stop a minute every thought. We spend some time relaxing in meditation and then come back. We are a positiv dancer with the live.

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Yogi
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-09-10 11:09 AM (#124984 - in reply to #124979)
Subject: Re: Shiva Meditation

If you go to this link:

http://www.marinsufis.com/texts.php

and click on "Centering Exercises" - it will bring up a .pdf from the book "Zen Flesh, Zen Bones." It lists ancient Shiva meditations from India that have been around for thousands of years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)