YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Goddess Meditation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Yogi Nils
Posted 2010-09-11 8:19 AM (#125005)
Subject: Goddess Meditation

The four main goddesses in yoga are Durga (the goddess of power on a tiger), Kali (the black goddess with a sword), Sarasvati (the white goddess with a book) and Lakshmi (the goddess of luck with giver hands). They embody the four properties strength, peace, wisdom and love. If we want to be happy in our lives, we need all these four properties.

1.Durga Durga is the goddess of strength. She rides on a tiger (or lion). She has the force of a tiger within herself. What she decides to be her goal, she reaches it. She is a winner. She has many wappens eround her, meaning, that she uses creativ aller her possibilites to reach her goals. We shake both fists near our head and think the word "power", until we feel the power of Durga in us. What are the goals in your life? On which way you can reach them? "My goal is ... My way to sucsess is ..."

2.The black goddess Kali has a sword. She is able tosacrify her ego and thus to get peace in her mind. We put our hands in the lap. We rub the aerth with the feet, we feel the ground and think: "I let go of my false desires. I take the things as they are."

3.Sarasvati is the goddess of wisdom and creativity. She holds a book and a rosary in their hands. She roots herself in the holy books and in her wisdom. What is your wisdom today? Track the index finger beside the head to the sky, move it a little and think, "My way of wisdom is ..."

4.Lakshmi is the goddess of luck and happiness. Beside her head are two flowers. She sees the beauty in their lives. She recognizes her world as a paradise. She is enlightened and has a paradies view of the cosmos. In her lap she holds a pitcher full of gold pieces. She has inner and outer wealth and spend it to her followers. What is your wealth? Recognize yourself as the goddess of wealth. Rub your hands on your belly and think the mantra: "The wealth in my life is... I am grateful for. .. "

5.Be a mother of the earth. Consider all beings as your children. Identify yourself with them. Wish them luck and happiness. You are now Lakshmi with the giver hands. Move your hands and think, "I send light to ... May all people be happy. May the world be happy ."
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dee
Posted 2010-12-12 3:43 PM (#126462 - in reply to #125005)
Subject: RE: Goddess Meditation

New User

“Om Tryambakam Yajamahe Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam Urvarukamiva Bandhanan Mrityor Mukshiya Mamritat”
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)