YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about Continuing Education
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

carrieberry
Posted 2010-10-01 1:32 PM (#125310)
Subject: Question about Continuing Education

Hello, All!

I currently have a bit of free money that I am extremely grateful for ($4700). This money can only be used in continuing education for my career as a yoga teacher. I am currently an RYT200 with Ashtanga Vinyasa classes taking up the bulk of my week. (I teach 12 yoga classes each week and 7 are Ashtanga). I have taken additional certifications in prenatal and postnatal yoga as well as kids yoga.

I am wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions. My issue currently is this: I HAVE TO ENROLL for a new program in the next ten days or I will lose my free money. I have small children and a military husband so a residential program or retreat are not an option.

I am in the Louisville area (actually a small small town South of Lousiville but...). I can't find a 300 or 500 hour program in my area that is feasible for me to take so that is out.

I have found a number of correspondence courses that interest me. As I have taken my YTT in a hands on/ residential environment and many, many workshops I don't think that it is a bad idea for me to do correspondence.

My issue is: are any of them reputable? Can anyone offer opinions or feedback? If you could take any yoga related CE class or course- what would you take?

Yoga Therapy? Ayurvedic and Holistic Nutrition? A 300 hour correspondence YTT to get my RYT500?

I appreicate any and all feedback! THANK YOU!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-10-01 3:16 PM (#125311 - in reply to #125310)
Subject: RE: Question about Continuing Education

Would a college course in anatomy or other related discipline count?

vibes
Posted 2010-10-01 8:21 PM (#125313 - in reply to #125311)
Subject: Re: Question about Continuing Education

Extreme Veteran

It depends on what you want. Do you want just a piece of paper saying you are this or that? or to develop yourself? Me personally. Id go for workshops. Possibly in not just yoga, but even in NLP, or Rosen, Feldenkrais, Dancing, Martial Arts, Bodywork, Somatics, Mind Body Centering, Philosophy, Physics or as Jim suggested anatomy.
carrieberry
Posted 2010-10-02 10:04 AM (#125322 - in reply to #125310)
Subject: Re: Question about Continuing Education

Probably should have mentioned- I'm a licensed massage therapist in Ohio (governed by the state medical board) so I am well trained in the area and I take CEUs already on that.

I wouldn't want just a certificate- no way. I want things that will bring something new to my class, new to my skill set as a teacher. Something that will not only benefit me, but benefit my classes as well.

I found some yoga therapy workshops that seem interesting but I'll be honest in saying I am not sure how much demand I will come across as we always live in a smaller military town. If I lived in a more liberal city- larger city I may use it more...

Thank you for suggestions! I will look into several of them!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)