YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Re-connecting with the Inner Self: How do you start all over again?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga as Self-RealizationMessage format

Rae Rae
Posted 2010-10-16 7:39 PM (#125567)
Subject: Re-connecting with the Inner Self: How do you start all over again?

New User

Hello all,

A bit of advice could be useful to me. Three years ago, I was fortunate enough to have a well balanced schedule that permitted me to take time to myself and deepen my spiritual studies. I was as in tune with my self, body, and the world around me more than ever before. I meditated once to twice a day, and practiced yoga once a day (either personal or in a class). I was conscious of what I consumed both physically and mentally.

Since then my life has drastically changed, I graduated college, was laid off, had to completely change career fields (and am not quite sure if I am where I belong), have gotten engaged, and have moved in with my Fiance. I feel that day to day there is no break, no time for me to relax and look within myself. I have lost touch with that inner tuning ability that I once had. Between my at least 50-60 hour work week, planning a wedding, and always having someone at home with me, I don't know where to even find the personal time I need to re-connect with ME.... I can't even remember how I was able to do it in the first place....

Can anyone offer some guidance or words of advice?? Thank you! Namaste
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2010-10-17 5:51 AM (#125572 - in reply to #125567)
Subject: Re: Re-connecting with the Inner Self: How do you start all over again?

your yoga practice is something you stand to carry with you throughout your entire life.
there will be thick times and thin times.
fit it in when you can. when the time you have to practice is in demand it can often create a quality of urgency and inspiration that is absent when you have your whole day open to you.
do it in the morning before work or in the afternoon afterwards. you'll either find the time to fit it in or not. either one can be yoga practice when framed properly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)