YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kriya yoga of Paramahansa Yogananda and his successors: Roy Eugene Davis
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga as Self-RealizationMessage format

Lukumji
Posted 2010-12-02 7:16 AM (#126321)
Subject: Kriya yoga of Paramahansa Yogananda and his successors: Roy Eugene Davis

New User

Hi,

Here's my first contribution to this forum, under the form of selected writings by Roy Eugene Davis, a direct disciple of Paramahansa Yogananda.

To any reader who likes these writings and would like to know more, I can give more. Please avoid with me discussions about kriya yoga lineages, except if you need more information about Roy Eugene Davis himself, which I will be glad to give. I practice kriya yoga for 30 years, so I can give my contribution to the newcomers, if this is their wish.

WRITINGS:

--°-- 

There is no magical formula which will guarantee enlightenment. Steady contemplation of the infinite and an unceasing yearning to know the Truth will eventually result in a clearing of both mind and consciousness so that the pure Light may shine.

--°-- 

As a Truth student you already intellectually know that you are a Divine Being, an individualization of Spirit. But, knowing this intellectually and, on the other hand, knowing it clearly through awakened intuition are two different things. 

--°-- 

Every man and woman has the opportunity, in this incarnation, to realize Truth. To realize Truth I mean to fully understand the nature of God, the nature of the soul and the soul’s relationship with all created things. In fact, if we do not come into this total realization through enlightenment, we will not know true spiritual freedom. The Way is open to anyone, regardless of race, creed or political interests. The universe is lawful, logical and orderly. What works for one person will work for all. This is a basic point to remember. 

--°-- 

The truth about the spiritual path is that we are not working to become spiritual. We think properly, pray effectively, meditate regularly, abide by all the rules of spiritual living only that we might clear the false notions from the mind and consciousness, so that the Light of Truth can be revealed. We do not build or create a spiritual consciousness. We merely get rid of all that obscures our pure vision. 

--°-- 

Over the years I have known hundreds of people on the spiritual path and I have noticed one thing…the people who made rapid spiritual progress were the ones who believed they would because they were worthy of it! The people who have not made spiritual progress are the ones who never felt they had a real chance or they were not “ready” for enlightenment.

--°-- 

One of the most basic desires of human beings is to be secure. We want a place to live and adequate income to meet our needs. Now, consider this: As a soul, a ray of God, you already possess all you need because a ray of God is always provided for, regardless of the level upon which it expresses. You brought with you into this world the consciousness of supply. If you are experiencing lack, it is because of some subconscious blockage (an inner belief or conviction that you have) that you are not worthy of money, shelter, love, etc., or that your karma prevents you from having these things. All limitation is within a person’s subconscious mind. 

--°-- 

The Truth about each of us is that we are now perfect and self-complete. No change in our basic nature is needed. The secret is to awaken from identification with the sense of illusion and begin to see life as it really is … instead of as it appears to us because of our conditionings and false notions. 

--°-- 

To remain steady on the path we must be ever watchful of our thoughts and feelings. Whenever we catch ourselves feeling dull and apathetic … whenever we catch ourselves thinking in terms of limitation, restriction, lack, etc., we must make an inner adjustment and, with the eye of intuition and by calm reasoning, “see through” all outer appearances which are not in accord with fulfilment, harmony and right action. 

--°-- 

All creation, from the subtle to gross levels, is built up of layers of energy and energy springs from Consciousness. By directing our attention back to the Source --- we “move through” heavier layers of consciousness until we become aware of Pure Being … Pure Consciousness. This is the purpose of meditation.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
callofsedona
Posted 2014-05-02 1:40 AM (#211458 - in reply to #126321)
Subject: Re: Kriya yoga of Paramahansa Yogananda and his successors: Roy Eugene Davis

Veteran

Great read buddy, thanks...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)