YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weird Bikram Occurrences
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

saigon71
Posted 2011-01-14 6:09 PM (#127553)
Subject: Weird Bikram Occurrences

One day, 10 minutes into class I started feeling crazy itchy on my back and my knees. Today my knees smelled like cookie dough in Padhahastasana. Sometimes after particularly hot classes, my front teeth feel electric. Anyone else?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TheJL
Posted 2011-01-25 8:58 AM (#189473 - in reply to #127553)
Subject: Re: Weird Bikram Occurrences

Sometimes I get a tingling sensation right on K1 on my feet during Half Moon. I always just chalk it up to being so grounded in that posture, and my body preparing itself for the next 90 minutes. Kinda Hippy Dippy, I know, but I have no other explanation.

Does it ever sound like you can hear your heart beat through the floor when you're laying on your belly? It's hard to control my breathing when I can literally hear my heart lub-dubbing along.
Andre
Posted 2011-01-25 2:33 PM (#192193 - in reply to #127553)
Subject: Re: Weird Bikram Occurrences

Extreme Veteran

I had someone in one of my classes ask me recently about twinges in their belly/chest during half moon. (I don't teach Bikrams, but use essentially the same half moon flow from Bikram.) Anyway, I was reminded of all the little pangs and odd sensations in my body when I was starting to really understand and make progress in that posture. I don't know what's "normal". It was explained to me that when you practice Yoga, your body starts to change and re-align. Internal muscles and organs are stretching and moving. That explanation works for me for many of those odd sensations. We're waking up our bodies and paying attention to them. My explanation is that the process often manifests itself as a new sensation.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)